How do I keep going when things are tough.
6 tips to motivate yourself.
We all set the path towards achieving our goals and dreams. The goal may be set in any area of our lives; relationships, health and fitness, job, business, and all other spheres of our human life. However, along the journey, we may find ourselves veering off the road or demotivated and stop. The stop may come with its share of comfortability, pain, or regret. How can you motivate yourself ?You can still retrace back your steps and go back to the drawing board or simply reclaim your old fantastic, disciplined, motivated and ambitious self. In the Bible, we are told of the story of truth. Ruth’s family had moved to Moab after a famine rocked the city of Bethlehem. In Moab, her husband and two sons died leaving her behind with her daughters’ in law. Ruth would later hear of the blessings in Bethlehem and accompanied by her Naomi decided to move back to Bethlehem. From the story, we can draw on possible tips on how to motivate yourself back into action.
- Don’t be ashamed to look back. We have to decide that no matter what happened back there or along the way, we have made the decision to try over again. Be it in the job, the relationship, or the marriage, etc. Don’t let shame or guilt hold you back from making a U-turn that will make a positive difference in your life.
2. Remember the promises. When we chose to set out to do something in our lives, in most cases we have the belief and the faith that we will reap great benefits from it. If you had initially picked a direction because it would make you healthy, productive, bring you more money, then you ought to go back to the drawing board. Remind yourself the why?
3. Fight the fear. Most of the time, the very thing standing between us and our happiness is fear. Break the fear of falling short again or taking the route back again. Be confident and courageous to start over again. How to avoid fear, worry and anxiety.
4. Acknowledge your pain. The first stage towards making progress in life is accepting the current situation. Don’t ever try to run away from your pain or your messed-up situations. Instead, embrace it but make the decision that you want better.
5. Have the will. You must have the self-drive to take the initiative and turn around for a better life. The desire to stand up again is what gives you the momentum. Believe you can and you will.
6. Assurance. The assurance you need in this case is faith. Have faith in yourself, in your potential. Have faith in your creator.